VALLEY OF THE GODS Film Review August 7, 2020



Valley Of The Gods

Well Go USA
Reviewed: 8/6/2020
US Release: 8/11/2020

Rating: 2.5 / 5


(All Assets Provided by WELL GO USA)




I consider myself an artistic type of person. I appreciate any form of artistic expression, from small to large. I would never say that I understand every form of art because I don’t. I am learning, however, and that is the most important thing.


“Valley Of The Gods”, as directed by Lech Majewski, is a confusing tale of the Navajo Nation, a trillionaire, and his biographer.


The film is stunning visually and some of the concepts (the opera scene where the performers were standing in the water at the palace) were absolutely inspired. The outdoor locations were rich with color and saturation while the indoor locations were at times grandiose and breathtaking.




But the screenplay was a jumbled mess that, for me, was nearly impossible to understand. Perhaps the art-house approach to the story kept me in the dark but I was basically confused for most of the film.


The performances by Josh Harnett and John Malkovich were exactly what you would expect from both actors. No issues there whatsoever. The supporting cast also added weight where needed to the various scenes throughout the film.




By the end of the film, I wasn’t sure what I had just sat through. It was pleasing visually but the substance in terms of the storyline was lacking.


“Valley Of The Gods” delivers on the visuals and performances but it comes up short in the story department. If the story had matched the visuals, this would have been an excellent film. However, as it stands, it is only average at best.


Best,
Mark Sugiyama
Eclectic Arts

Connect with Eclectic Arts:  Social Media Links HERE!








TRAILER

Comments

Popular Posts