STREAM BLOODY STREAM Event Review February 1, 2021 Eclectic Arts


STREAM BLOODY STREAM

Wolf, Sorcerer, Descend, and Lugnet

Review: 2/1/2021




The stream is still available for purchase through this coming weekend.  Check it out!



On Saturday January 30th, the Stream Bloody Stream took place online. Over four hours of live performances as well as in studio interviews with all four bands from Sweden.


The first band up Lugnet played a 45 minute set of pure rock n roll with a 70’s influence. They absolutely got things rocking right from the get go. I was not familiar with the band prior to the show. They made a fan out of me with their blistering set of punch to the gut blues based rock. Definitely a band to watch out for!


The second band was Descend (all bands played a 45 minute set give or take a minute). They performed a set of technical progressive metal with extreme vocals (at times). Clearly a talented group of musicians, their brand of metal didn’t really resonate with me but they were still a band worth checking out. If I was at a club and they were playing, I would absolutely stay for their set.


Up next was Sorcerer. I really enjoyed their set. I didn’t know much about them other than they were around decades ago and then reformed. Their brand of metal reminded me of a mix of traditional metal and some of the more recent concept/storytelling type of metal - both of which I enjoy.


Wolf closed the door on the event. A mix of traditional heavy metal and a punch of more modern metal, musically they sounded great. I was familiar with the band and I’ve always felt their vocals were holding the band back. Hearing them live on the stream didn’t change my opinion of that. Don’t get me wrong - they are still a quality metal band but I would just like to hear a voice that has more range and depth to it.


Overall, Stream Bloody Stream was a great way to spend a Saturday (morning over here) while we wait for live events to return. If this package could ever tour together, that would be fucking amazing!


Best,
Mark D. Sugiyama
Eclectic Arts

Connect With Eclectic Arts:  Social Media Links Here!









Comments

Popular Posts