WRITTEN INTERVIEWS 2020 Eclectic Arts

(Eclectic Arts - May 2020)

Greetings,

I was thinking about the written interviews that eventually led me to doing the virtual interviews on the AL1CE virtual tour which in turn led me to doing my own virtual interviews and events (Fun Tables).

I will always enjoy reading an interview.  Period.  I wanted to keep Eclectic Arts engaged during the early months of the pandemic and went back to my zine roots.  I was very fortunate that each of the artists below not only agreed to do one but actually completed them!  A few people who shall remain nameless never did.  

Doing a proper written interview takes a lot of time for the artist if they do them "right" - meaning they take their time and give thoughtful answers.  It also takes time (less so) for me to craft the questions along with the follow ups (when needed).

If I had not reached out to Tash Cox from AL1CE, none of the virtual interviews/events would exist today.  If she had not agreed to do one, ditto.  And if she had not come up with the idea to have me do virtual interviews on their upcoming tour, ditto.  

Many of these were already completed during the first leg of the AL1CE virtual tour.  I held off on publishing them as I was inundating my socials with AL1CE tour guest news every day, not to mention the occasional film review, and I didn't want them to get lost in all of the posts.  So, the dates aren't necessarily accurate.

If you enjoy the live-stream virtual interviews and/or The Fun Table Sessions - thank Tash, thank AL1CE, and thank all the artists below that got the ball rolling.  I know I do.

Best,

Mark Sugiyama

Eclectic Arts


CHRISTY ANNA WU August 2020

THE SOAPGIRLS July 2020

HEATHER EDGLEY July 2020

CHRISTINE MITCHELL June 2020

CHLOE WEBSTER June 2020

DIE KREATUR June 2020

ANISA SINTERAL May 2020

AL1CE (Tash Cox) May 2020

BULLETGUYZ May 2020

LEAH INGRAM May 2020

LADY RAGE April 2020

JENN SAKURA April 2020


Comments

Popular Posts