THE OUTWATERS Film Review February 14, 2023 Eclectic Arts Media

THE OUTWATERS

Cinedigm
Reviewed: 2/14/2023
Rating: 2.5 / 5

Playing in select theaters nationwide (US and Canada) beginning February 9th

#theoutwaters
#cinedigm

(Michelle May in The Outwaters. Photo Courtesy of Cinedigm.)


The new film, “The Outwaters” is a horror film in the found footage genre. I honestly haven’t watched a found footage film in many years so I was looking forward to seeing what the buzz was about this particular film.


The movie starts off promising enough with a group of friends out to make a music video. Of course things go awry (no spoilers here) and that’s where things get horrific.


It might be my age or something but the shaky cam footage gets annoying rather than terrifying to me. I couldn’t really make out what was happening half the time so any scares were basically lost on me.


The ending sequence is graphic and borders into existential territory.


As a basic litmus test, would I watch this film again? I’ll pass, thank you.


Best,
Mark Sugiyama
Eclectic Arts Media

Connect with Eclectic Arts Media:  Social Media Links Here

OFFICIAL TRAILER

Comments

Popular Posts