DAUGHTER Film Review February 7, 2023 Eclectic Arts Media

DAUGHTER

Darkstar Pictures
Reviewed: 2/6/2023
Rating: 2.5 / 5

In Theaters, On Demand and Digital February 10th, 2022


(Darkstar Pictures)


The new film, “Daughter” is the latest entry in the thriller genre from Darkstar Pictures. The film focuses on a family of sorts that has adopted a daughter. That’s all I can really say without giving too much away. I tend to not go over plot points in my reviews anyway.


The film has a certain level of buzz around it but after viewing it, I honestly don’t know why. There are some recognizable cast members - most notably Casper Van Dien. The performances are solid enough but the material is too abstract for my simpleton views I suppose. If you like your thrillers high brow and existential, then “Daughter” may become your new favorite movie.


But, for me, anytime I feel like I’m lost during a film due to the script, I tend to question my own intelligence for either not understanding it or for viewing the film at all. Either way, I lose which is never a good feeling.


Best,
Mark Sugiyama
Eclectic Arts Media

Connect with Eclectic Arts Media:  Social Media Links Here

OFFICIAL TRAILER

Comments

Popular Posts