SEE HOW THEY RUN Taproot Theatre February 4, 2022 Eclectic Arts Review


SEE HOW THEY RUN

Taproot Theatre
Seattle, WA

Review: Saturday 2/4/22 8pm Performance


Performances run through March 5th, 2022


(Calder Jameson Shilling, Miranda Antoinette, Nathan Tenenbaum, James Schilling, and Shanna Allman in See How They Run at Taproot Theatre. Photo by Robert Wade.)



The new show on the Jewell Mainstage at the Taproot Theatre in Greenwood is a hilarious comedy called, “See How They Run”. Director Karen Lund (also the well deserved new Producing Artistic Director for Taproot) specifically chose a comedy to open up the 2022 year. After everything we’ve all been through, a night of comedy was exactly what everyone ordered and boy did “See How They Run” deliver.


I was personally excited to see some of my favorite actors returning to a new Taproot production. Calder Jameson Shilling and Shanna Allman were absolutely magnificent in “Miss Bennet - Christmas at Pemberley”, Miranda Antoinette was amazing in “Bright Star” and her singing voice is to die for. And Eric Hampton was in the only Taproot Theatre production I saw three times because I loved it so much, “Baskerville”. Add in the other top notch actors to the cast and I knew this would be a homerun.


As always I don’t like going through the plot too much with any theatre production. I’d rather the reader see the show for themselves. What I will say is that the amount of comedic timing from the entire cast was a marvel to behold. Yes, the entire cast. Shanna Allman’s physical comedy had the audience in stitches. Having seen her in an improvisation performance as well, she is just gold in “See How They Run”.


(Nathan Brockett, Miranda Antoinette, and Nathan Tenenbaum See How They Run at Taproot Theatre. Photo by Robert Wade.)



I think the interaction of the cast, especially as things got crazy, which was almost off the rails in a good way, was so wonderful to watch. I even commented to my friend that one bad move from a cast member and someone’s going to be on the floor.


The laughs just kept on layering upon each other. The plot was laid out well and the audience could see how the comedic elements were going to unfold to a certain extent.


Probably the biggest compliment I could pay the cast and crew is that there were no weak links in this production. None. It was only strength to strength while enjoying, “See How They Run”.


If things work out with my schedule, I plan on going back to take the show in a second time. It’s that good!


“See How They Run” runs through March 5th. Tickets are available:  HERE!


Best,
Mark Sugiyama
Eclectic Arts

Connect with Eclectic Arts:  Social Media Links Here


Comments

Popular Posts