RESTORE POINT Film Review February 8, 2024

RESTORE POINT

XYZ Films
Reviewed: 2/8/2024
Rating: 4 / 5

Available on VOD on February 8th, 2024.





The new film from the Czech Republic, “Restore Point” explores a science fiction world where victims of a violent crime can be brought back to life. The brain is “backed up” every two days in order to do so. It may seem like a strange idea or perhaps a much needed one if you’ve suffered a loss of someone to a violent crime (I have myself) so be forewarned the film may be triggering to some audience members.


When it comes to film genres, I tend to steer away from science fiction films unless they have a decent sized budget or bigger. Low budget sci fi movies rarely work for me. With “Restore Point”, there is no need to question the budget as the visuals are stunning. The film is also shot beautifully which makes everything about the film work better than most.


("Restore Point" from XYZ Films)



The story is solid but I found it a bit all over the place at times. This could just be me and trying to follow a science fiction tale. The performances were solid throughout which kept me engaged right through to the very end.


“Restore Point” is worth your time to seek out.


Best,
Mark Sugiyama
Eclectic Arts Media

Connect with Eclectic Arts Media:  Social Media Links Here


OFFICIAL TRAILER

Comments

Popular Posts