HINDLEY STREET COUNTRY CLUB Return To Seattle! July 18, 2026 Fan Review

HINDLEY STREET COUNTRY CLUB

Neptune Theatre
Seattle, WA
July 18, 2026





(All photos are phone photos - not professional.  Mark Sugiyama for Eclectic Arts Media (c) 2026)

Greetings!


I decided to do something I rarely, if ever, do: a quick informal fan write up of a show I attended as a fan (aka not as credentialed media).


I had the pleasure of attending the Hindley Street Country Club (HSCC) gig in February of 2025 here in Seattle, WA. It was the last stop on the US tour. Many of the band members came out after the show including Con, Danny, Jordan, Dave, Brad, and Jason.


I then conducted a series of livestream interviews with various members, including past and present - such as Brad, Jordan, Kat and Jake, Jason, and a few others (I'd love to schedule more interviews in the future - new and repeat guests - hint, hint).  Playlist is here:       



This brings me to the 2026 North American tour. The band came to Seattle on a busy Saturday night. The summers here in Seattle always have things going on such as Seafair which lasts a month, outdoor movies, concerts of course, farmers markets, etc. As a matter of fact, if this show wasn't happening on 7/18, I would have been working an outdoor concert across the water with local heroes Queensryche.  If you want to find something to do on a weekend during the summertime here, you’ll have more than enough options of things to do.


HSCC were booked at the Neptune Theatre, which is a part of the Seattle Theatre Group (STG). Last year they were at the Moore Theatre, also a STG property. The Neptune has the option of making the floor general admission which was the case for this show (versus putting seats on the floor). There are permanent seats in the first and only mezzanine.


Just like last time there was no opening act. The show was divided into two acts with a 15 minute intermission. Prior to the Salem, OR date, Brad had left for vacation and Jake was not able to make these NA tour dates. Enter Steve Williams on guitar and Ses Granozio on drums. The usual suspects rounded out the live lineup including Con, Dave, Jason, Nat, Danny, Jordan, and Kat.


I was there just like last year to enjoy the show, not to work it as media.  Yes, I took some video clips with my phone and some stills (that acommpany this article) but I wasn't looking to do that the whole show.  I wanted to have fun!


The first act started the same as last year but only for two songs before it ventured into new territory. “Easy Lover” is a strong opener and easily slides right into “Ride Like The Wind”. If you’re a HSCC fan, you already know just how good this band sounds live - and without any tracks (other than maybe the spare intro before they play, etc). It’s really like hearing a band of session musicians. You give them a tune and/or a chart and in no time they’re playing a song like they’ve played it a thousand times. As an avid concert goer and reviewer, this is such a breath of fresh air. Real musicians performing real music.  Thank goodness!


I was curious who was going to pick up the BV's that Brad normally did (and he does a lot of them).  The answer came in the way of Jason.  He was on stage for almost the entire show to lend a hand on the BV's which was cool to see.  


Kat brought the house down like she always does with a breathtaking rendition of, “I Have Nothing”, complete with nods towards her little man who was off to the side of the venue. More new songs for the Seattle audience this year including, “Don’t Stop” and, “Kiss On My List”. The first set concluded with the rocking, “More Than A Feeling”.
 

The second set kicked off with “Kyrie” instead of “Hotel California” (as that’s normally a Brad sung tune). Kat and Danny belted out the Streisand/Gibb hit, “Guilty” and also did a touching rendition of, “Beauty and the Beast”.


Con spent time during both sets to talk with the audience, make funny quips, and keeping the party moving. It’s also great hearing and seeing his bass playing up close in a live setting. The man doesn’t get enough credit for his bass work. He also sang some lead during the second act as well. Yes, I know he sings lead on some of the tracks on the HSCC YouTube channel but live it was an extra treat.


Much like last year, the last four or five songs just built and built the party atmosphere. From the Human League to the Bee Gees (with Jordan coming out into the audience to sing and say hi to the fans) to Earth Wind and Fire, if you weren’t in a good mood by that point, you weren’t human.


The band played another new to Seattle cover in Leo Sayer’s, “You Make Me Feel Like Dancing” - complete with an impromptu line sung by some dork in the front after Kat pointed her mic toward him (aka me). I can now say I “sang” with HSCC. It was a funny yet memorable moment for sure!


The crowd cheered as the band took their well deserved bows. Two hours of songs from a wide variety of artists, performed with precision but in a very fun and lively manner.


The venue kind of bum rushed fans out of the building so they could get to closing duties. However, some of the fans hung around to meet some of the band (Con had mentioned they would be coming out before the show was over).


And after they locked the front doors, there they were. Con, Danny, Jordan, and Kat. Peta (I believe) took photos for the fans while caring for Kat’s little man. As the line diminished, Dave came out as well. I tried to wait until the end of the line so I could maybe have a few more minutes with them but that plan didn’t really work out (compared to last year). In any event, it was great to see everyone again and in the case of Kat, meeting her in person for the first time (after we did the virtual interview last year with Jake).


Shout out to Jordan’s friend back home that I did the video for - if we haven’t had a conversation online through social media or one of the interviews, definitely message me. I appreciate the support of my work.


Upon leaving through the load in/out doors, I ran into Jason and Nat so I chatted with them briefly and also ran into Dave outside so I tried to plant the potential future interview seed with him again. Hey, he was there, I had to - it’s what I do. 


I won’t go into detail but I had been dealing with some personal things the week leading up to the show. You never know what someone’s going through - we all know that. But, I just want to say that the show on Saturday truly made me feel better and I needed that in the worst way.


Thank you HSCC for everything you do. I have such new, fond, memories now because of all of you. Safe travels and I hope to see you next year and/or in the virtual world.  ;)


Best,
Mark Sugiyama
Eclectic Arts Media

Connect with Eclectic Arts Media:  Social Media and Email Links


(All photos are phone photos - not professional.  Mark Sugiyama for Eclectic Arts Media (c) 2026)








































(All photos are phone photos - not professional.  Mark Sugiyama for Eclectic Arts Media (c) 2026)

Comments

Popular Posts