"LYVIA'S HOUSE" Film Review September 30, 2024

LYVIA’S HOUSE

Stonecutter Media
Reviewed: 9/30/2024
Rating: 2 / 5

Available on all VOD platforms beginning October 1st


(Stonecutter Media)


The new film, “Lyvia’s House” is inspired by true events of real life murders in California in 1971.


I always find it difficult to write reviews when a film doesn't resonate with me. And this is one of those times.


The story seemed to meander along (and the film runtime is nearly two hours) with lackluster performances from the actors involved. At times I felt like I was watching an uninspired student film.


(Stonecutter Media)


I gave the film a 2 instead of a 1 (or zero) as it does have artistic merit in how it was shot and presented. Also, I realize how difficult it is for a film of any kind to ever make it to a public release. And, I also realize what may not work for me, may work wonders for others.


Overall, “Lyvia’s House” was a disappointment for me but give it a viewing and see for yourself.


Best,
Mark Sugiyama
Eclectic Arts Media

Connect with Eclectic Arts Media:  Social Media Links and Email

Comments

Popular Posts