TAHARA Film Review September 28, 2020


Tahara

Reviewed: 9/28/2020
Rating: 2.5 / 5





“Tahara” is a coming of age film that centers around best friends Carrie and Hannah, who share a kiss which opens up many questions, all the while at their peers funeral.


The film explores sexuality themes as well as themes that teenagers deal with on a regular basis.


The film had its moments that were very genuine and made me think about what I would do in that situation. But it also had scenes that plodded along and I found myself losing focus at times.


The performances by the leads Madeline Grey DeFreece and Rachel Sennot were superb. I enjoyed their takes on their respective characters and they were a joy to watch perform.


Overall, the film was hit and miss for me. I liked the topics that it tackled but the execution could have been sharper.


Best,
Mark Sugiyama
Eclectic Arts

Connect with Eclectic Arts:  Social Media Links Here!


CLIP


Comments

Popular Posts