ACE COMIC CON SEATTLE 2019 - Event Report - 6/28/19-6/30/19



 (All photos:  Mark Sugiyama for Eclectic Arts - 2019)

WaMu Theater and Centurylink Event Center
Seattle, WA

6/28/19 - 6/30/19


Greetings,



As I sit here writing this report of the 2019 ACE Comic Con Seattle, I'm still recuperating from it. For three days the 2019 ACE Comic Con Seattle took over the WaMu Theatre and the Centurylink Field Events Center in the SoDo district of Seattle, WA. Before I dive into my report, let me introduce myself.


(Post video interview photo with Mr. Gareb Shamus) 




My name is Mark Sugiyama and I run a freelance media outlet called Eclectic Arts here in Seattle, WA. I am an arts critic. I review the Pacific Northwest Ballet, the Seattle Opera, the Broadway at The Paramount series (musical theatre), the Village Theatre, the Taproot Theatre, the Edmonds Driftwood Players, the Phoenix Theatre, the ACT Theatre, and the As If Theatre productions. I also review events of the Seattle Symphony at Benaroya Hall.



I am a published concert photographer and reviewer. I cover everything from artists like Judas Priest, Jesse J, and Guns N' Roses to Sir Tom Jones, Smokey Robinson, and everything inbetween.



I am also an interviewer. Eclectic Arts started out as a hard copy print magazine with nothing but interviews in it. I now do audio and video interviews with some of the artists I've been fortunate enough to cover. Again, I've interviewed a wide variety of talent like Jeff Bridges (academy award winning actor), Meghan Picerno (opera and musical theatre artist), Jake Shimabukuro (musician), and dozens of bands.



There are a few other areas Eclectic Arts has covered such as conventions (2018 Ace Comic Con, 2012-2016, 2019 Crypticon Seattle, 2011 ZomBCon), the craft beer scene (Black Raven Brewing, Foggy Noggin Brewing, etc.), and food (The Box & Burgers Eatery).



Now that you know a bit more about Eclectic Arts, let's get to the 2019 ACE Comic Con Seattle report!



(West Hall Entrance)


Day 1 (Friday)


I arrived early enough to find street parking and hoofed it over to the convention on Friday afternoon. I had my camera bag, my video interview bag, and a tripod bag with me. Walking along First Avenue, I noticed a few people that looked like they were heading to the convention. Decked out in t-shirts with comic book art on them, jeans, and sneakers, the fans were ready for the 2019 ACE Comic Con Seattle to start!



A beautiful sunny day (all weekend actually - shhhh - it's our secret here in Seattle - oops, I guess it's not a secret any longer) greeted the fans as they waited along Occidental Avenue outside the WaMu Theatre to enter the convention. Staff Pro was hired this year to handle security. I don't recall them being there last year or if they were it was only in small numbers compared to this year. I recall more non-company folks working the convention last year.



The Press and Vendor entrance was completely separate from the fans entrances (VIP and General Admission had their own separate entrances). This for the most part made for smoother sailing for all involved compared to last year. You'll notice I'll be comparing a lot of things from last year to this year.



Once I passed security (who thoroughly went through all of my bags), I checked in with the press rep Jacqueline B. (hi Jacqueline!). She got me squared away, answered my questions about the day, and then I was off.







First stop? The bathroom. Like you needed to know that but it's something I almost always do. Like when you get ready to play a gig - you hit the bathroom before the show starts so you don't have to go during your set. Anyway, I roamed around the front entrance of the convention. Welcome signs, various comic figures, and a few booths lined the red carpet entrance as fans walked into the West Hall.



Much of this looked similar to last year. A few of the same vendors were there from last year like the Droid Booth that had different R2D2's on display (that moved around the convention floor).




(Batman VS Star Wars)




What was new this year (I think it was - my memory isn't what it used to be aka I'm an old fart) was the Artist Alley. Last year I remember there being rows of extra chairs behind the Main Stage area but this year that space was used to better effect with the Artist Alley. Visually it looked better and logistically it opened up more space in the East Hall where everything was super cramped last year. So, a positive improvement!



I entered the Main Stage area where it was empty. Last year the WWE panel and two others were held in there. This year those panels were moved to the East Stage, which made a lot of sense. It's odd holding a panel in a room designed to hold thousands of people VS one that holds hundreds. Another smart move this year by the ACE logistics team.



Of course - for some attendees, the main draw of the day and weekend was to get an autograph or photo op with one of the celebrities in attendance. If you're new to the convention experience, I would suggest looking online for some FAQ's or fan reports about what to expect when you want an autograph or photo at a convention. In short - you pay for these items. Some people are still surprised by this (and a little miffed if I may be blunt) but those are clearly fans that haven't been to a convention before.



I wanted to see how bad the lines were so into the East Hall I went. With it being Friday, it wasn't bad at all. Everything looked organized from afar but since I had not purchased anything for the weekend, I never got a personal look. Or so I thought I wouldn't. More about that later.



I ventured over to the East Stage to see where the WWE panel would be. I was scheduled to do a video interview with one or both of the wrestlers (Charlotte Flair and Bayley) later that day as well. Once I got the lay of the land, I had time to kill so I looked around the vendor booths. As I mentioned earlier, there was much more room to walk around this year due to moving the Artist Alley to the other hall. I looked at the merchandise, people watched, and relaxed. I ran into a few people I knew so I caught up with them and then headed over to the WWE Panel.



Moderated by Lilian Garcia (a long time ring announcer, podcaster, and singer), nine-time WWE champion Charlotte Flair took to the stage, as did the first WWE triple crown and grand slam champion Bayley. Both wrestlers had been in the area a week earlier for the WWE PPV as well as personal appearances.



If you're not familiar with the schedule for WWE wrestlers, it is pretty much insane. They wrestle hundreds of days out of the year. They travel thousands of miles. They make personal appearances based on current WWE sponsors or partnerships (Cricket Wireless and Funko as examples). Basically, they are always on the go so their time is precious.



The panel (what I saw of it) was fun and informative. I had to leave during it to get ready for the video interview - per the directions of PR.



(Lilian Garcia) 


(WWE Superstar BAYLEY)


 (WWE Superstar CHARLOTTE FLAIR) 






Four media teams (myself included) walked over to the Main Stage to conduct our own video interviews with WWE Superstar Bayley. Due to things getting a bit behind schedule earlier, the panel was late which in turn shrunk the amount of time we had to conduct our interviews. For those reading this - this is normal. It happens all the time at conventions. It's not a big deal. You go with the flow or you drown. I choose to go with the flow.



Each team got a few minutes to ask pre-approved questions with Bayley. If you haven't done a junket style interview, it can be a bit nerve wracking, depending on your personality and how you deal with stressful situations. For myself it was fine. Of course I would of loved more time to interview Bayley - all of us would have - but you make the most of what you're given. I'm always grateful when any artist, any time, spends time answering my questions. Glass half full, people.



The video interview is linked below. Check it out, subscribe, and give it a like if you so choose.


 WWE SUPERSTAR BAYLEY
Interview with Eclectic Arts:




After the interview I made one more round of the vendor room and then called it a day. There were two more days to go - full days - so I knew I needed to prepare and prep for what was to come.



Day 2 (Saturday)



I noticed when I was driving south on I-5 (well more like sitting in traffic) on Friday, there was a sign saying that a portion of I-5 was going to go down to two lanes from the usual four on Sat and Sun morning. Great! Wonderful news! That's sarcasm, folks.



So, I took this knowledge and decided to alter my plans for Saturday's convention coverage. I already knew the day's schedule, which was somewhat open in the morning and not so open in the afternoon for me.



I also knew that the annual Dragon Festival was going on on Saturday (changed from two days to one this year). Since I was going to be near the C-ID (Chinatown-International District - due east/northeast of the stadiums) anyway for the convention, I made a decision to park near the C-ID, partake in some food and opening festivities at the Dragon Festival, and then hoof it over to the convention.



The sun was out again, traffic slowed down on I-5, and eventually I made it down to the C-ID. I parked where I usually park for baseball games (except this season as I have yet to go see the Seattle Rainier's play - I mean Mariners).



Four amazing food walk samples later and a bit of the Lion Dance to open the Dragon Festival, I walked over to the convention to start my second day.



(West Hall Entrance)



I once again went through security (who only had to check my camera bag today), checked in with Jacquelyn B. at the press table, and ventured off into the West Hall. As any convention goer knows, Saturdays are always the busiest days at these things. I looked around the same areas that I did on Friday and there were absolutely more people everywhere. West Hall, East Hall, it didn't matter. People lined up for autograph and photo ops. People looking at the schedules of said autograph and photo op sessions. People sitting at the East Stage for pod casts and other events held there. People at the Main Stage listening to various panels that were lined up for the majority of the day there - busy, busy!



But - it wasn't cramped. It wasn't like you couldn't move around. You just had to be more mindful of where you were walking, especially with many more children running around on Saturday. So, all in all, a good start to my Saturday.



I sat in on the Funko Panel on the Main Stage. Many of the team from the Everett Headquarters were present to talk all things Funko! I'm somewhat indifferent to the Pops that Funko produce but they have many, many other things planned that will really expand their brand. There was also a Funko Funcast Live later in the afternoon on the East Stage.








I returned to the Main Stage room to hear the Deborah Ann Woll panel. Ms. Woll of True Blood, Daredevil, and Punisher fame, she was delightfully pleasant. Soft spoken, a bit nervous, and very much like the attendees in the audience, Ms. Woll was very caring and genuine with her answers throughout the panel. Moderated by Lilian Garcia, the panel was very enjoyable.



The big panel of Saturday was no doubt the Avengers Assemble panel with Chris Evans (Captain America), Don Cheadle (War Machine), and Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye). Moderated by Angelique Roche', the room was packed for this awesome panel. The actors were clearly having fun the whole time, messing around with each other, making jokes, and just keeping things lighthearted. It wasn't the most informative panel I've ever attended but it was definitely fun.



Angelique Roche' did a fine job moderating all the panels I attended over the weekend. Part nerd, part lawyer, she knew when to let the actors speak (many times they cut her off and she just went with it), fully knowing the panel was not about her. Sometimes moderator's egos get out of whack when they moderate panels but not her. Hopefully she returns next year to conduct many of the panels again.



Due to another arts commitment Saturday evening, I missed the They Reach trailer/discussion as well as the ACE Universe Cosplay Contest. I headed out for the long walk back to my car and thus ended day two.




(Deborah Ann Woll) 






(Avengers Assemble panel)



Day 3 (Sunday)


I'm painting some broad strokes with this report but let me just say once I got home fairly late Saturday night, my body was really feeling the past two (actually three days as I had an event on Thursday night I had to cover as well). So, when I woke up Sunday morning I wasn't the most patient Mark I could have been, let's just leave it at that.







I will however mention that I skipped ahead a bit. On Saturday morning I noticed Gareb Shamus, the CEO of ACE Comic Con, liked my social media posts. I then thought about it and a light bulb moment occurred - maybe I could get a few minutes to interview Mr. Shamus on Sunday? I asked him directly via social media and he said yes - to coordinate it with Jacquelyn B. Cool!



So, on Sunday morning, I headed down I-5 (they didn't close two of the four lanes like advertised - woo hoo), and ended up downtown really early. I found fairly close street parking (the closest of the three days) so that was a good sign of things to come.



(West Entrance)




I gingerly walked over to the press entrance and checked in with Jacquelyn B. again - asked her about the video interview time (it wasn't set yet but would be communicated asap), and then went over to the Prevail booth. The what?



Saturday night - on social media - Josh Brolin recorded a video stating that he and his wife had a booth at the convention. They had brought up totes of their active wear line that they debuted in 2017 - with much of the proceeds going to charity - one of which was EBMRF - Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB) - a horrific skin disorder that can be fatal. He stated if you bought a shirt, he would autograph it, anywhere the convention folks deemed appropriate on Sunday. ACE Comic Con reposted this video. Luckily enough, I saw it late Saturday night. So, I knew on Sunday I was going to go check out the booth and see how this was going to work, the price for the shirt, etc. etc.



I noticed a line - just like a dozen people or so. It was still before the opening of the convention for the general admission fans, so it made sense. I went up to see how much the items cost (there were several shirts, hats, and a hoodie for sale). Prepared for sticker shock, I was pleasantly surprised to find out they were all regular retail price. $20 for a hat, $29 for the sports hoodie, etc. For the low-income fans like myself, press or not, this was an amazing opportunity to support a charity and meet Mr. Brolin. I'm in!



In comparison - the autograph sessions that day for Mr. Brolin were sold out at $200 a pop. This money also went to charity but Mr. Brolin was the only guest that publicly spoke about this. Of course the main difference is you can bring your own item of any kind to be signed but, again, the Prevail opportunity was just that - an opportunity to still meet Mr. Brolin and get an autograph on something he and his wife strongly believe in.



So, I initially bought one item at the booth. The worker was telling everyone that the signing would be during the general admission paid signing time slot for Mr. Brolin. So, I walked over to the schedule in the East Hall, as did a few others, and saw that we could line up at 1pm for a 1:30pm signing. Okie cool - I'll check back later just to make sure things don't change.



As I walked around I thought (this is how my brain works - or doesn't) - if I could get two things signed, I could wear one and keep the other for collecting purposes. I don't wear baseball caps so I got back in line to buy a hat. The line had grown by a good thirty people now but I waited - aching body and all. I bought my hat (kudos to the guy in the booth next to the Prevail booth for helping out the worker as he was all by himself) and then prepared for my interview with Mr. Shamus.






At 11:45am, I met back at the press table and Jacquelyn B. and Mr. Shamus wanted to do the interview in the welcome area - so all the fun could be seen on camera.



Side story - I recognized Mr. Shamus on Friday before the WWE Bayley interview. I introduced myself at that time and thought how cool it was that he (and eventually his brother Stephen) was roaming around the grounds. I used to buy Wizard magazine back when I was in college (totally dating myself there) so I've known who he was for quite some time. But I digress.



We walked to the welcome area, got everything ready, and did the interview. Mr. Shamus is a fan just like the rest of us. He is cordial and unassuming. It was a pleasure meeting and interviewing him. This interview is also embedded below. So, for those wondering why the interview was done there, now you know.



Other side story for you media folks out there - I had just purchased wired lav mics about a week ago for something else. Thank goodness I had them. Could I have synched up my digital recorder audio to the video? Sure, but that's a pain. The lav's allowed me to get good audio in a noisy area with no problems. I got lucky on that one.



 Eclectic Arts Interview with Mr. Gareb Shamus:





After the interview, I realized I hadn't eaten anything yet. I also noticed that the Prevail signing was moved to its own slot at the end of the day so I had a chunk of "open" time. Since my car was somewhat close, I decided to put my camera gear back in my car so I didn't have to lug it around the rest of the afternoon.



Future tip: you could bring food in this year to the convention. Ditto water bottles or unopened or empty plastic water bottles. No outside drinks, though, other than juice boxes. For those who didn't prepare - instead of eating the expensive food inside, head out side to Occidental - the vendors that set up for the sports events were out there. Example: bottled water inside - $5. Bottled water outside - $1. I needed to eat so I got a combo outside of a 1/4 pound polish, a bag of chips, and a drink for $6 total! I'm always looking for ways to save a few bucks when I cover events - from parking to things like this. It adds up quickly when you cover as many events as I do - believe me.



So after dropping off my gear and eating an inexpensive meal, I headed back in through the main general admission gate. The fine folks at Staff Pro decided to check every single aspect of my camera bag. Once they did this, they then told me since I was press I couldn't enter there, that I needed to go to the press entrance on the east side of the building. This information conflicted with what I was told on Friday. Again, cranky "Hulk" Mark was present on Sunday, not mild mannered "Bruce Banner" Mark, so this irritated me. I said a few things I probably shouldn't have said but the Staff Pro guy gave me the "holier than thou" attitude when he told me I had to go around the building so that pushed me over the proverbial edge. Most of the Staff Pro folks are fine as I talk with them all the time at the events I cover, especially concerts. But, there's always that one that thinks they're better than the "lowly" fans or press. Anyway …







I collected myself and walked over to the press entrance for the last time. I was going to mention being hassled by that jerk to Jacquelyn B. but she was busy elsewhere so I just shrugged it off and went inside the West Hall. Clinton Hobart was doing a live painting session on stage so I caught the end of that. The painting was then given away to a fan. Pretty cool!



(Clinton Hobart)




The crowd on Sunday was a bit less than on Saturday - completely normal for a convention. It was also Pride Weekend - with the big Pride Parade on Sunday at 11am. So, I know some people were trying to do both events. I've volunteered at the Pride Parade in years past but I wasn't about to do two events on the same day.



The Galaxy Is Calling panel was the other big panel of the weekend with Josh Brolin (Thanos), Zoe Saldana (Gamora), and Lee Pace (Ronan). The room was again packed for this amazing panel.



I've seen some entertaining and informative panels but I have to say - this was one of the best one's I've ever attended. The guests were in good spirits, funny, and also smart and informative. The best mix of everything was at this panel. Check it out online as ACE Comic Con live streams their panels on Facebook and uploads them to their YouTube Channel as well.



I had to leave the panel early to get in the Prevail autograph line. But, there was a monitor to watch the rest of the panel on as we all lined up in the East Hall. Maybe fifty people initially lined up but once the panel was over the lines ballooned to maybe 200 or more fans. I also had to watch Taron Egerton's panel on the monitor, too (but I did have time to catch the very end of it back in the main stage hall). The signing was scheduled for 4pm but didn't start until after 4:30pm. Mr. Brolin signed all the Prevail merchandise you bought and looked up at each person instead of the "head down I have to get through all these people as fast as I can" approach. It was well worth waiting in line to meet him and have him sign my stuff. A great way to end my 2019 ACE Comic Con Seattle experience!





(The Galaxy Is Calling You panel) 


(Taron Egerton)


(my signed Josh Brolin Prevail items)



Post Mortem


Whew! That was a lot of writing! Here are my after convention thoughts, observations, ideas, suggestions, and geeky randomness.



I had a much better time at this year's ACE Comic Con Seattle than last year. It's clear that the mishaps from last year have been addressed. Last year it was their third convention - ever. Yes, the experience from the previous convention company should have set things up for success but it just goes to show you even the best make mistakes.



I mentioned this last year but I think fan's expectations vary based on how many conventions they've attended. With ECCC being in Seattle every year, direct comparisons come up which is expected but not necessarily fair.



Each convention company has different goals, different reasons for running the convention. Aside from making a profit, the draw of these shows is different. ACE Comic Con is going the route of securing the biggest names in the business, the photo op and autograph fan base. They are also looking at things from an inclusive perspective. Fans nowadays are introduced to comic book characters through many different media streams. It's not just comic books. It's video games. It's movies. It's television shows. It's web series. They try to cater to all these different facts of fandom. Is it for every fan? That remains to be seen. In my own opinion, it's designed for those that love to meet their heroes. Is it a rare opportunity to meet some of the cast of the highest grossing film in the world? You bet it is. You'll pay handsomely for that opportunity, too, but it is an opportunity. No one says you have to accept it. I think that's where the division lays. If you don't care about such things, and want to geek out at topic panels, as it's designed now, ACE Comic Con isn't going to compare to something like an ECCC. Again, it's not designed that way. Even I didn't understand this last year but now I do.



Something else I'd like to mention - to my knowledge this is the first convention I've ever attended where every advertised celebrity guest actually made it! And considering the caliber of guests, that's an amazing accomplishment. Most of you know, work trumps appearances for these guests. It doesn't matter what the convention is or who the guest is, if a work opportunity interferes with their scheduled appearance (or a personal matter), the work takes priority. This is out of the conventions hands. It's just one of those things that unfortunately happens from time to time. But not this weekend I'm happy to report!



As a press person that was going to be writing, photographing, and interviewing at the event, things were also much better than last year. I don't do shout outs as I'm an old fart and I don't like how it sounds BUT I am going to say a sincere thank you to Jacquelyn B. for being one of the best PR people I've worked with - ever! During the initial communication months ago to get credentialed, to each day of the convention, to the interviews, Ms. B. was on her game at all times. I never felt put out, disrespected, rushed (well a little rushed but that's understandable), or more importantly - I never felt lost. Communication is so key when working as press. I've dealt with other branches of PR that I won't name here that don't have a clue how to communicate. And in many cases - don't! How they keep their jobs is beyond me but anyway - major respect again to Jacquelyn for everything! If either of the Shamus brothers are reading this - give this woman a raise!




Main stage panels - the big draw panels. The whole VIP/GA fiasco from last year was also remedied this year. More than once the announcer told GA where they could sit, and where VIP could sit. There was tape on the floor and by Sunday - roped off sections with signage. Even before the Avengers Assemble panel - some people sat there a good hour early just so they could get a prime seat. But once the earlier panel was done, they announced they were clearing the room before the Avengers panel. People got up, got in line outside the room, and then were allowed back in fairly quickly. No big deals, no big empty sections for VIP's they didn't need like last year. From what I could tell, everyone got a seat and enjoyed the panel.



Fans could stand on the floor on the sides if they wanted to - so the seating spacing was better this year so there was room on the sides so the fire marshall didn't have a hissy fit. So, another noticeable improvement. I'm noticing a pattern here. I hope you are, too.



I still think that the moderator of these panels needs help in the audience. I know there's usually a worker there that gets the audience in a line to ask fan questions during the Q&A portion but maybe more could be done. Ask each fan what are you going to ask before they get to the mic. Tell them to basically eat the mic so everyone can hear. Many people don't know how mics work and/or they're nervous so remind each fan to get right up on that microphone. It won't bite you.



I don't know how this could be done but I'll say it anyway - if you're in a group of people - get a spokesperson instead of each of you asking a question. I realize it's first come, first served for these fan questions but I found it a bit annoying that several people/family/friends asked questions at the Avengers panel, which then meant at least three other people were not going to get a turn. Again, I don't think realistically this could be addressed other than asking people to be mindful of their fellow fans but we all know some people don't care about the other fans, just themselves.



I just read a better idea on the web. Pre-screened questions from fans and let the moderator decide which ones to ask. If you, the fan, are there in the audience when your question is asked, you can come up and be recognized (but not heard). While this makes things more impersonal, it does remove some of the things I mentioned above. And this can be done weeks in advance of the convention online.



Friday. If you're not a WWE wrestling fan, there isn’t much to draw you to the convention that day. I think some other facet needs to be added to Friday's - maybe a few noted comic book artists/writers. A panel with them as well as signing options would make Friday more well rounded. Another thought is to bring musicians in on Friday's. The WWE uses a ton of popular music from many genres in their shows. Perhaps secure a few of the more popular musicians to attend the show on Friday, with the usual photo op and autograph sessions as well.



Press. While I'm the first person to state I don't like being told what to do in my personal life, I do think a little rethinking of the press application and/or check ins may help ensure proper coverage of the event next year (or any future ones like Chicago coming up).



Only speaking for myself, I take pride in what I do. Every event I cover I do my damndest to do what the band, theatre, convention, publicist, manager, tour manager, assistant, etc. ask of me. I am there to draw attention to and publicize the event. I never take it lightly when I am credentialed for an event because I remember the days when I couldn't get anyone to reply to me. When I got an actual reply, even if it was a no, that was a step up, you know? So, I'm grateful for every opportunity that has come my way. I extend myself, sometimes to my physical detriment, to do the best coverage I can of any event.



But some folks don't hold themselves to these standards. They feel that once they're approved, then they can do what they want. They don't understand that they work for ACE Comic Con. And in turn, by doing so, they also get to bring attention to their media outlet, whatever that may be.



Bottom line - do your work to the best of your ability and honor your commitment. I'll just leave it at that.  Thank you.



And don't get me wrong - I'm not perfect. Far from it. I admit I yanked out my phone and made a few short video clips of two panels on Saturday for social media purposes. But, I deleted those after realizing it doesn't matter if some of the fans are breaking the rules or other media for that matter, I need to do better. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.



Hygiene. What? Yeah I'm talking to you. Please take a shower or bath every day of the convention you attend. If you're hardcore and you're there all three days, remember that just because you normally don't shower until Monday doesn't mean the rest of us want to smell you. Nor do the celebrity guests you're trying to meet. Or the vendors you're trying to buy something from. Fortunately, this year wasn't too bad to be honest. I think many of you heeded my advice from earlier. But, just when I thought the coast was clear, I got a whiff on Sunday while waiting in the Prevail line that almost made me gag. Soap people. Hot water. Bubbles are good. Bubbles are your friend. Don't be afraid of them. Please and thank you.



I met some new press folks this go around. I met some vendors. I met some fans. The community aspect of these conventions cannot go without mention. It's one of the best aspects of covering the conventions as press (and going as fans). I loved seeing the photo op ideas that fans posted on social media and in the official ACE Comic Con Group on Facebook after each day. Reading people's posts and just how happy they were to meet their favorite celebrity brought a smile to my face many times over.



Overall, after typing this report - I had a lot of fun. I really did! And that's what it's all about. And many, many fans that I spoke with also had a lot of fun this year. While they look on their calendar for the next convention they're traveling to to spend lots of money (SDCC most likely or the next ACE Comic Con - which is in Chicago), this guy is back to what Eclectic Arts is all about - keeping things eclectic.



Thank you for taking the time to read my report. And if ACE Comic Con Seattle 2020 happens like it sounds like it will, I hope to see you all there to do it all over again!



Cheers!
Mark Sugiyama
Eclectic Arts
EA Main Site
EA on FB
EA on IG
EA on YT



Thanks: WWE's Bayley for taking the time to do the interview. Also, thank you to Mr. Gareb Shamus for also taking the time to do an interview. It was a pleasure meeting you both!



Special Thanks: Jacquelyn B. for the credentials - thank you so much for the opportunity! You were so awesome to work with! I sincerely appreciate it!


Lastly, my sincere condolences to the Shamus family for your loss.  I only found out about it after the convention was over otherwise I would have said something in person.  Again, my condolences.



ACE COMIC CON OFFICIAL SITE
ACE COMIC CON OFFICIAL TWITTER
ACE COMIC CON OFFICIAL FACEBOOK
ACE COMIC CON OFFICIAL INSTAGRAM
ACE UNIVERSE YOUTUBE CHANNEL

#acecomiccon
#aceuniverse
#aceseattle












Note - I left my photos (with the EA logo watermark) unaltered for the most part - instead of cropping, enhancing, post work, etc.  I wanted them to be more like snapshots of what any fan would see at any Ace Comic Con.  I also included phone photos from my old 5s (those don't have the EA watermark).  Cheers!  



Comments

Popular Posts