ROLLING QUARTZ "My Turn" US and Canada Tour 2026 Seattle, WA Substation Review

ROLLING QUARTZ

My Turn U.S. & Canada Tour 2026
Substation (Annex)
Seattle, WA

https://linktr.ee/rollingquartz

Saturday - September 12, 2026



Rolling Quartz made their triumphant return to Seattle on Saturday afternoon/evening. They booked a new venue in the Substation in the Fremont/Ballard area of Seattle, WA. They sold out the general admission tickets but the show was in the back annex room (the bigger room) of the Substation venue.


This was the second leg of the My Turn 2026 tour. They had completed a month or so of shows earlier in the summer, took a break back in South Korea, and then came back for another month of shows (give or take).


The band has now spent two years playing multiple shows here in the U.S. and Canada. This shows their dedication to breaking the U.S. with consistent touring. Their first tour in 2023 was more of a promo tour with only a handful of dates. I love seeing bands put in the work as touring is not easy. It’s a grind and it separates the wannabees from the dedicated artists who want to make it.


When I arrived, just before general admission doors, the VIP paying Diadems (fandom) were inside either at the merch table or in the front of the stage securing their spots. By the time the show started, the venue had filled up more but there was still room for additional fans.


At 5pm Pacific, each band member walked on stage, greeted the crowd with a smile and friendly wave, and went to their respective spots on stage.


Jayoung (Korean: 자영) – vocalist; Hyunjung (현정) – guitarist; Iree (아이리) – guitarist; Arem (아름) – bassist; and Yeongeun (영은) – drummer.


Kicking off with an energetic version of, “RE: BOLD”, the band was clearly in fine form even though they had just arrived in the U.S. two days prior. If they were jetlagged they sure didn’t show it on stage.


The setlist covered many different aspects of the band from a few cover song snippets to original tunes from their catalog, the Diadem were being treated to a show by a now polished act. They have only been getting better each time they tour here and this was the best I have seen them thus far. The set ended with the single, “Romantist” - which was a nice way to end the show.


The same could not be said of the Diadems. The crowd energy was just not there compared to 2025 and 2023. I don’t know what happened as some of the Diadems were repeat offenders that I recognized but the vibe was just kinda tired. This had nothing to do with the band's performance as, again, they were at their best. I just wish the Diadems at the show had given more energy back to the band.


Rolling Quartz have been planting many seeds on these U.S. and Canadian tours for the last three years. I think the next step for them is to get on to a bill opening (or co-headlining) with another band. You can only get so big playing to your own fans. At some point, barring an unexpected viral hit song or something similar, you have to earn new fans by joining someone else's tour.


Off the top of my head suggestions would include bands like The Warning, Halestorm, and Band Maid.


Thank you to Rolling Quartz for bringing their best to Seattle. I hope when they return, the Diadem are fired up and ready to make up for their lackluster showing this year.


Best,
Mark Sugiyama
Eclectic Arts Media


(This review was written by a credentialed media member who is an actual human being. No Artificial Intelligence programs were used in its creation.)


Connect with Eclectic Arts Media:  Social Media and Email Links


BTW:  Thank you to the fan that recognized me as EAM before the show.  I'm sorry I didn't have time to chit chat with you.  I do hope if you see me again at another event, you stop me so we can chat properly.  





Comments

Popular Posts