Lux! Ensign Symphony and Chorus featuring NATHAN PACHECO 10/14/19

Lux!

Featuring Nathan Pacheco

Ensign Symphony and Chorus




Benaroya Hall
Seattle, WA
10/14/19


Greetings,



Every now and then social media alerts me to an event I would not have otherwise known about. I started following Nathan Pacheco after his work with world artist Yanni. I happened to see that he was coming to Seattle (to play Benaroya Hall no less). I was immediately interested. He was advertised as the featured performer with Lux! Ensign Symphony and Chorus. All sounded good to me.



On Monday night I ventured down to Seattle not quite knowing the details of the performance - which actually isn't too unusual for me. Once I arrived I picked up my tickets and then headed for the lobby.



Inside the auditorium there was a good-sized group of people talking and waiting for the performance to start. I looked through the program and noted what songs Nathan Pacheco would be performing.



At 7:30pm Steve Danielson - Ensign Symphony and Chorus Conductor - made his way to the stage and spoke briefly about the event. And then we were off!



The Ensign Symphony and Chorus is made up of local musicians that love to play music. They are volunteers from my understanding as well.



Throughout the program the Ensign Chorus stood out to me. A powerful group of vocalists that was quite nuanced and disciplined. The Ensign Symphony was good most of the program as well.



The program was split into two sets. Nathan Pacheco came out to sing on two songs during the first set, and six songs the second set (including the encore). His voice sounded great, especially in a room like Benaroya Hall. He spoke about the songs at times, giving them background for the audience.



"Nella Fantasia" and "Caruso" sounded especially strong during the second set.



The evening ended with an encore of, "Nessun Dorma" and a closing piece by the Ensign Chorus.



Overall, the Ensign Symphony and Chorus put on a good, sometimes great, performance. Nathan Pacheco sounded fantastic and I hope he returns to the area for another show.



The next Ensign Symphony and Chorus performance is December 16th at Benaroya Hall. Tickets are on sale now.



Best,
Mark Sugiyama
Eclectic Arts




(social media links are directly on the home page)


NATHAN PACHECO OFFICIAL SITE
(social media links are directly on the home page)




Comments

Popular Posts