Suddenly I See KT TUNSTALL in Redmond, WA - Marymoor Concerts 6/9/18



KT Tunstall





Marymoor Park

Redmond, WA

6/9/18








Greetings,




I was fortunate enough to cover KT's headlining gig back in 2016 here in Seattle. She was so amazing then that I knew whenever she came back to town, I would want to be there. Well, some dreams cannot be denied as KT was coming back to play with Better Than Ezra and the Barenaked Ladies at Marymoor Park.




If you haven't see KT Tunstall before, she is incredibly funny and engaging with the audience when she performs live. Last time she had a three-piece band backing her, this time it was her and her "band" (aka drum machine, percussion, etc - recorded live and played with the help of her ever present looping station).




Starting off her set with, "It Took Me So Long To Get Here But Here I Am" from her last studio album, "Kin", KT sang and played her Gibson acoustic to the appreciative audience. Next up was a great rendition of, "Other Side Of The World" from 2004's "Eye to the Telescope". I found myself mouthing the words as I worked from the photo pit area. True!




KT kept the banter up with the audience inbetween songs - something I remember vividly from the 2016 show at the Crocodile. After recording the parts for arguably her most well known song, "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree", she quipped to the audience, "I bet some of you are like, "oh now I know who she is"". A few bars of the White Stripes, "Seven Nation Army" complete with kazoo melody was incorporated in toward the end as well (this was also done at the 2016 show).




"Hold On" was up next with a few bars of The Bangles, "Walk Like An Egyptian" thrown in for good measure. We got another song from, "Kin", in the form of, "Maybe It's A Good Thing". Kin is a fantastic album, by the way.




The 30-minute set closed out with the hit, "Suddenly I See" - with a very vocal audience clapping and standing in their approval.




And like that - her set was over. The best news of the night was when KT announced she would be coming back to Seattle in October. Trust me - she is an artist worth seeing. It doesn't matter what venue or what night of the week it is, go - see - her. You will be thoroughly entertained!




Cheers!
Mark Sugiyama
Eclectic Arts
EA on FB
EA on Instagram



Special Thanks: Alex, Tristan, and the team for the credentials - thank you for the opportunity!








(click on any image for a larger version)










Comments

Popular Posts